TATTOO REGRET? NOT ANYMORE.
Tattoos can be a beautiful human expression, but as our lives change it's not uncommon to regret the decision to get inked. Luckily, if you're one of the many who have a change of heart about their tattoos, you no longer need to feel the burden of regret. Laser tattoo removal technology has been developed to erase your ink safely and quickly.
COMMON REASONS FOR TATTOO REMOVAL
- STYLE PREFERENCES. Just like everything from fashion, to music, and other cultural trends, your personal style and taste evolves over time. Over the years, what once couldn't have been a more perfect expression of "you" may now be the complete opposite. With laser tattoo removal, you can achieve your favorite style without worrying about how to cover up out-of-place body art.
- CAREER CONCERNS. Maybe you never saw yourself in the corporate world, or you didn't consider the idea of a certain profession until later in life. Don't let your body art hinder your career choices. Laser tattoo removal can erase your ink and widen your options.
- BODILY CHANGES. Pregnancy, significant weight fluctuations and the process of aging can affect how your tattoo looks. Your skin may stretch or loosen as your body changes, and it can warp the appearance of your artwork. Seek laser tattoo removal to eliminate artwork that has degraded in quality.
Here at the Brighter Smiles Med Spa and Laser Center, we utilize the most advanced laser available in the treatment of tattoo removal. The Q-switched YAG laser removes tattoo ink with the energy of light. The absorption of light energy causes the tattoo ink to destruct. The ink is then removed by the body’s natural filtering system. Q switching, sometimes known as giant pulse formation, is a technique where a laser can be made to produce a pulsed output beam. This method has proven to be effective in removing unwanted ink marks on a person’s body.
MODERN ADVANCES IN TATTOO REMOVAL
Long gone are the early days of tattoo removal where you had to endure painful sessions, all for the hope of removing some of the ink. The latest advances in tattoo removal laser treatment, performed by our experienced staff, provide our patients with unparalleled results. The Q-switched YAG laser does what so many other tattoo removal methods fail to accomplish – it removes tattoos without scarring.
Before you undergo your tattoo removal procedure, it’s absolutely imperative that you talk with your doctor and/or dermatologist to determine any potential side effects that you may endure as a result of the treatment. Different types of tattoos (including ink coloring, the quality of the tattoo, and the duration of time that has passed since the tattoo was placed on your body), can all impact the effectiveness of any laser treatment. Your dermatologist will talk you through these concerns and steps.
IS LASER TATTOO REMOVAL SAFE?
The FDA-cleared Q-switch YAG laser is the an advanced laser treatment available for safe and effective tattoo removal, resulting in fewer treatments, faster recovery time, and great results.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING A LASER TATTOO REMOVAL SESSION?
Depending on where your tattoo is located, you'll be laying down in a way that's both comfortable for you and easy for our treatment providers to access. The laser will be administered alongside a cooling device to ensure a quick, comfortable session. The smaller the tattoo, the faster the session, though larger areas often only take minutes to complete. Should you feel discomfort during your procedure, let your treatment provider know, and he or she will provide you with a topical numbing cream.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
Every tattoo is unique and results will vary from case to case, however tattoo removal offers cutting edge technology that lightens and/or removes unwanted tattoos. The number of treatments needed will vary from guest to guest and depends on the size of the tattoo, the amount and type of ink used, and the depth of the ink in the skin. Most tattoos can usually be removed in 4-6+ treatments.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR THE TREATMENT?
Prior to your laser tattoo removal session, you should we advise all of our guests to take the following steps to ensure a safe and effective tattoo removal process
- Stay out of direct sunlight or tanning beds. Sun exposure decreases the effectiveness of the laser treatment and can increase the chance of post treatment complications. SPF 50 or higher sunblock containing zinc oxide should be used to cover the area when exposed to sun.
- Refrain from using certain medications that make you more sensitive to light.
- Remove all makeup, creams, or oils covering the area to be treated.
- Shave the treatment area the day before your treatment.
Tattoos must also be completely healed before starting removal treatments. During the initial consultation, you will be advised of any additional recommendations on how to best prepare for treatment. Our staff of medical and healthcare professionals will carefully review all of the information you need to ensure a comfortable, effective procedure.