Say goodbye to the effects of sun damage, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, and more. With the innovative BBL™ photofacial/ fotofacial procedure, gentle skin rejuvenation is now easier than ever. BBL™ photorejuvenation is the latest in modern dermatology, allowing patients to transform red, blotchy skin into a radiant complexion. If you suffer from any of these problems, photofacial/fotofacial treatments may be the dermatological approach you've been looking for.
WHAT IS BBL™ PHOTOFACIAL/FOTOFACIAL?
A photofacial, or “fotofacial,” is a 30-minute procedure in which intense pulses of light are used to penetrate deep into the skin. BBL™ photorejuvenation then causes collagen and blood vessels below the epidermis to constrict, reducing redness and age lines. The procedure involves only minimal discomfort, while the redness and swelling that sometimes occur after treatment disappear shortly. Most benefits of a photofacial/fotofacial occur gradually in the weeks following treatment. For even greater cosmetic enhancement, patients may also opt for a FotoFacial RF™, a procedure that combines radio waves with light waves to achieve excellent results.
People who have blotchy, sun-damaged, or discolored skin, or whose skin is affected by large pores, freckles, or wrinkles, may benefit from an BBL™ photofacial. The procedure is also quick and involves no downtime, making it a convenient option for people with busy schedules. Those with dark or deeply tanned skin sometimes experience complications following BBL™ photofacial treatment. Patients should discuss such issues with a trained dermatologist before undergoing treatment.
IDEAL BBL™ PHOTOFACIAL CANDIDATES
People with white, untanned skin that is still somewhat elastic are the best candidates for a BBL™ photofacial. It is also important for patients to have a realistic understanding about what the procedure can do. When performed on the right person, it effectively improves skin texture, eliminating discolorations, reducing pore size, and minimizing wrinkles and fine lines. If you have rosacea, a condition that causes blotchy redness in the face, you may also benefit from an BBL™ photofacial. For more serious issues - heavy facial lines and severe acne scars, for example - patients may wish to consider more aggressive treatment, such as a face lift or a brow lift.
WHO IS NOT A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR BBL™ TREATMENTS?
People with tanned or naturally dark skin sometimes experience changes in skin pigmentation after BBL™ photofacial treatment. African-Americans and people of Greek and Italian descent, for example, may wish to discuss possible side effects with a dermatologist before opting for this procedure. Additionally, people who are taking the medication Accutane® should not have a BBL™ photofacial until at least six months after they stop using the drug. Pregnant women should also postpone treatment until after they give birth.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT BBL™
- What results can I expect? After only one treatment, you will have a more even skin tone with a smoother look and feel. Sunspots will fade. Pore sizes will shrink. Fine lines and wrinkles will gradually decrease in size. These improvements will steadily increase with each treatment. Patients with rosacea will see a progressive decrease in redness with every treatment.
- What will recovery be like? After treatment with most light systems, the treated skin may appear a little flushed and capillaries may seem to be more visible. Post-Photo Facial discomfort is almost nonexistent. The flushed look soon fades away, and the capillaries appear to vanish, leaving the skin looking younger. It’s that simple.
- How do Photofacial treatments work? Today’s new light technology delivers precise dosages of energy to the skin. During your treatment, light energy is gently delivered through a special hand piece to the targeted area. Levels of energy, specific to your treatment, are used to maximize your improvement. Once delivered, the light energy is absorbed by the targeted damaged tissue. After any treatment, follow your home care instructions, avoiding any harsh skin cleansers and always use sunscreen.
- How many treatments will I need? Depending on the area treated, most clients need a series of approximately five to six treatments. Treatments usually take from 15 to 30 minutes. Treatments are spaced out at approximately three week intervals.
- Do Photofacials hurt? Most patients describe the sensation to be like the snap of a rubber band on the skin as pulses of energy are delivered through the hand piece. Some patients opt to have a topical anesthesia or ice. After treatment, the pain is minimal to nonexistent.
- Are Photofacial treatments safe? Yes! Advanced light systems have been used safely for millions of treatments worldwide. These systems treat only the targeted damaged tissues, leaving the surrounding tissue intact. However, some bruising or redness may occur. Photofacial Treatments are just one of the many excellent non-surgical treatments offered at Brighter Smiles Med Spa.
- Who are the best candidates for BBL™ Photofacial Rejuvenation? The best candidates have:
- Red, flushed faces or rosacea
- Sun-damaged skin
- Enlarged pores