If you want the “Perfect Spray Tan” go to The best!! Brighter Smiles Med Spa and Laser Center offers discounts for students and monthly tanning packages.
WHAT IS AIRBRUSH SPRAY TANNING?
Airbrush Tanning is the latest and fastest growing service in the tanning industry. We will take you to a private room, and airbrush/spray you with a spray containing DHA which is a sugar cane based color. In less than 15 minutes, you will walk out with a beautiful, golden brown tan!! In addition to only needing one session for an airbrush spray tan to achieve desired results, airbrush spray tanning offers custom-mixed color for each client.
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM THE MYSTIC OR VERSAS BOOTH/MACHINE?
This is an actual person applying the spray tan , so you will not have any missed areas or blotchiness. The Spray tan is being applied precisely on the body, not randomly as with the booth. This results in a flawless tan with out orange, spots, or stripes like the booth.
Who doesn’t want a natural, beautiful tan that lasts a week or more and doesn’t look like you were shot with orange or brown paint? Even better is a tan that doesn’t damage the skin by causing sun spots, premature aging, or skin cancer. Airbrush tanning offers a seamless tan that looks natural and is safe to utilize regularly. Many people think airbrush tanning and spray tanning are the same thing but in actuality are very different.
Spray tanning can trend toward orange in many cases and often results in streaking. One achieves this “tan” by stepping into a spray tanning booth where an automated machine sprays the person down head to toe. The fumes can be pretty intense. Spray tanning booths typically offer one type of tanning solution for every skin type, which clearly is a problem for anyone looking for a custom tan. In the spray tanning booth, the person inside needs to flail their arms and legs around to try and get an evenly coated tan with not enough tanning solution or enough time to cover the entire body adequately. It takes up to three sessions to get an even tan (which is too dark in color) compared to one session for an airbrush tan.
IS THIS DHA SAFE?
Absolutely! It has been approved by the FDA and is used in many of the bronzing tanning lotions. It is also safe for pregnant women, however we do request that you get approval from your Doctor.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
When sprayed on the skin, it activates itself through the body’s temperature by absorbing to the keratin proteins and then activated by body heat, which causes a chemical reaction that changes the color of the skin to give you a “suntan”.
HOW LONG DOES THE TAN LAST?
Average time is 7-12 days. The length of the tan is determined by the skin type and also how you take care of it. Dry skin and rubbing on the skin will shorten the life of the tan. As you lose the skin layer, you will lose your tan. This comes from showers and tight clothes. The more abrasive you are to your skin, the sooner you will lose your tan.
HOW CAN I MAKE IT LAST LONGER?
Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize!
- Take showers, instead of baths.
- Do not use a rag or a loofah, instead use your hand and a shower gel.
- Let your tan set in as long as possible before you take the first shower. Preferably overnight.
- Use our tan extend lotion to keep it moisturized and replenished with bronzers.
WHEN SHOULD I GET MY TAN?
We recommend doing your tan 1 or 2 days before an event.
PREPARATION FOR YOUR AIRBRUSH SPRAY TAN APPOINTMENT
- Pre Tan: Prior to receiving your spray on tan we recommend you cleanse and exfoliate your entire body. DO not use deodorant, lotions, shaving creams or gels the day of your tan. It is also best to shave or wax at least 24 hours prior to receiving your spray tan if possible. It is best to use Shampoo and a wash rag or loofah to cleanse your skin or An apricot scrub as certain soaps and body wash can leave an oily film on your body and will not allow the spray to soak into the skin.
- On the day of your Spray Tan: On the day of your spray tan we recommend that you avoid the use of deodorants, moisturizers and make-up if possible as these may inhibit the effectiveness of the Spray Tanning Solution.
- Clothing: It is important to wear loose, dark fitting attire to put on after your tanning application as “rub off” can occur after your spray tan. When getting your spray tan you may wear as little as you like or a full bathing suit, it is a personal choice.
- After Tan: Once your spray tan application is complete you can reasonably expect it to last for up to 7-12 days depending upon your skin type and providing you follow instructions ~ Once your tan is applied you must leave it to dry completely. Do not get wet or apply lotion until you shower the next day. Showering the following morning is the best option. We recommend that you do not exercise or perspire excessively between the tanning and the showering phase. Make sure moisturize, moisturize, moisturize to get the most out of your spray tan!!